Tuesday, September 14, 2010

An Apology!!

I recently wrote a blog post entitled "Gutenburg and the Drudge Report." In the post I attempted to draw a parrell between the development of the printing press and how that changed who guarded the "knowledge kingdom."

In my comparison I used a news aggregation website to illustrate the fact that the internet news aggregation websites have changed the traditional "knowledge kingdoms" once kept solely by newspapers.

However, I made a grevious error. The news aggregation website I referenced was one that had heard about but was one that didn't know very much about. After doing some initial research, the website appeared to be good. However, as two people commented on my blog after the fact, some of the news links are less than wholesome/uplifting or even appropiate in some cases. For this I apologize tremendously!!! I had no idea and I am so sorry and embarrased by that!

This experience has taught me a valuable lesson about thoroughly during due diligence before you post something that could be offensive and ultimately embarrassing. I thank you again for patience and the great comments which brought it to my attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment