Friday, November 12, 2010

Review of “Blogging is for lovers”

I really enjoyed this assignment. I found that reviewing Jake’s blog was a very fun and entertaining experience. He has done a great job and I feel like he was done well at meeting the learning objectives. Probably the thing that stuck out to me the most while reviewing his blog is the fact that Jake has done a great job of including interesting experiences from his own personal life into the subjects and analysis of his blog posts (My favorites examples of are his posts on sharing the gospel and evolution).


Historical Content –

Jake does well at referencing both the historical content from class and historical content he finds online. He finds a diversity of historical content as well. Also, I feel like he does a meaningful job of making connections to the present with the historical content.

Computing concepts-

Jake has done a great job of finding different kinds of media (Youtube videos, prezis, pictures) to illustrate the points he is trying to make. I feel like there is a danger to depend too heavily on Youtube videos to make your point; however, I feel like Jake does a good job of whenever he uses a Youtube video to include other written analysis to support it as well as other sources of information. (The theory of Relativity and Modernism for example).

Also, to illustrate Jake's understanding and use of computing concepts, he has a post where he crowd sources to obtain content for their group's final project.

Digital Culture-I found that throughout his posts Jake has many links to other blogs. I feel like the social discovery he uses to add content to his posts reflects his participation in digital culture, especially in the digital learning environment.

Self-directed Learning

Consume

I can tell that Jake consumes from a variety of sources. He searches other people's blogs, video sites, other academic sites as a few examples. I can tell that he tries to round out the resources he consumes from.

Create

Jake has done some sweet digital literacy labs at the beginning. I feel like it has been a little while since he’s done one. However, the content that he creates on his blog is great and Jake does really well at making his blog an aesthetic experience that keeps your attention as you read.

Connect

I noticed that Jake’s blog is commented on pretty regularly (especially during October and the beginning of November). I feel like this is a sign that Jake is connecting with others and that there is mutual reciprocation there. Also, as mentioned before, Jake does a great job and finding and using other peoples’ blogs to help make his points.

Overall, I was very impressed with Jake’s blog and have gotten some great ideas for how I can improve my own blogging style.

No comments:

Post a Comment