Sunday, December 12, 2010

Why I Chose To Make A Mormon Messages Video

The reason I wanted to do this project is fairly simple. I wanted to create media that would help people to feel the Spirit. In our digital age, with decreased attention spans, people are less likely to read an entire conference talk, especially if they are not members of the church. The reason I am so excited about this project it provides a way to us help people consume and connect in the way they might not have otherwise been able to.

I felt like this project would be a great opportunity to become a digital member missionary.


People need a reason to watch a video, and humor is often that reason. I hope the interviews with little kids will provide the entertainment and the attention-grabbing that will make people want to watch the video. However, the purpose of this video isn’t just entertainment. The goal is to help people feel the Spirit through seeing the purity of the responses from the little kids and also from hearing the testimony of President Eyring as he teaches of the family’s role in bringing joy to our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment